Unlike most SAT prep programs, Sylvan offers a balanced approach to our prep courses. Our proven mix includes teacher-led instruction (available in-center or via live, online sessions), independent practice, a robust website with resources, thousands of video tutorials and multiple SAT practice tests.
This comprehensive approach ensures that your teen learns strategies for tackling every type of exam question (including the essay portion of the SAT). Plus, he or she can focus on the specific skill areas that need improvement too..
With our SAT prep, your teen can take full advantage of:
- Guidance from expert SAT tutors who know the college/university entrance exam inside and out.
- A personalized, online lesson path for extra instruction and practice to improve the skills that need the most help.
- Flexible, in-person or online hours to fit your student’s busy schedule.
Students start with a Sylvan Prep practice test, which generates a score report that will help us identify areas for improvement. Sylvan Prep’s Score report provides the following information, helping us personalize your teen’s prep experience!!
- Total composite score on the 400-1600 scale.
- Individual and combined section scores for Reading and Writing and Math on the 200-800 scale.
- Estimated SAT Essay Score for each of the three Writing traits on a 2-8 scaled (Reading, Analysis, Writing).
- Breakdown of item-level performance showing the correct answer, your teen’s answer and whether he or she got the question correct, incorrect or skipped it.
- SAT Cross Test Analysis: These scores show how well your teen uses skills to analyze texts and solve problems in the areas of History/Social Studies and Science.
- Sub-score information including total, number correct and incorrect and percentage of possible raw points on a 1-15 scale.
- Section level analysis, including total items correct, incorrect, blank, raw points and percentage of possible points.
One of the coolest parts of our SAT prep course is Sylvan Prep Online — our personalized, online learning environment. Your teen gains 24/7 access to:
- Thousands of detailed video lessons on how to approach SAT test questions, so there aren’t any surprises on test day.
- Subject-specific video lessons to help improve the biggest areas of need.
- A vocabulary-building tool to conquer the extensive reading required on the SAT.
- Tons of short quizzes so teens can get eve more practice with questions similar to what they’ll see on the SAT.
- Full-length, timed practice tests to prepare for the pace and format of the SAT and build confidence for test day.